Job Title: Graphic Web Designer (Summer Intern)
Overview: This position is responsible for working on a variety of projects primarily involved in website design and development, including creation of custom graphics. Additionally, this position is responsible for designing the user interface and overall customer experience for our web sites and applications. This includes overall navigation flow, layout of specific pages, and creation of individual graphic elements.
Major Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for design maintenance of Website and other electronic publications and applications.
- Translate designs into HTML for web content and emails
- Ensures that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design.
- Participates in efforts to improve quality of Website and other electronic publications as required.
- Communicate effectively and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Produce illustrations, icons, diagrams, templates, and style guideline documents for use in developer documentation.
- Take input/requirements from multiple stakeholders across different organizations.
- Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
- Special Projects
- Other duties may be assigned
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in the field of graphic design
- Advanced knowledge of software programs including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver), Acrobat Pro, WordPress and the Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in web design and development software is preferred. Basic HTML and CSS knowledge required.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities on tight deadlines without compromising quality. Strong command of web design or mobile design landscapes.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org